The Aprilaire Model 800 Humidifier is a steam humidifier designed for home applications where evaporative units are less practical.
- Accommodates crawl spaces, attics and areas of the country with milder winters and non-forced air heating.
- Provides humidity to the largest of homes (up to 6,200 square feet).
- Features truly automatic control but can be installed in manual mode as well.
- Runs independently of your HVAC system to accommodate larger homes (up to 6,200 square feet)
- Delivers optimum levels of humidity control with the Automatic Digital Humidifier Control.
- Performs quietly and with simple maintenance. You only need to replace the canister.
- Has a capacity of 11.5, 16.0, 20.5, 23.3, and 34.6 gallons per day, depending on electrical draw.
- Uses cold water, which may be hard, soft or softened.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I have had it installed for 3 days and it seems to be working as the manufacturer indicates. It took a few hours to bring the humidity up to 35%. The furnishings in the house take some time to adsorb moisture and the house should normalize in a few days.
I run it on 230 volts and control it from my Honeywell Vision thermostat. The steam is connected into the main air return.
The stat is designed to work with a steam humidifier and it is setup to run the blower when humidity is called for. Also it runs the humidifier during a heat cycle. Since the thermostat controls the humidifier I don't use any sail switch. I also do not sample outside temperature.