The Field Vent Damper works automatically to allow natural draft during appliance operation while preventing residual appliance heat and conditioned air from escaping during off cycles. It also prevents the infiltration of cold air during down drafts.
- Dual safety switches allow the burner to fire only when the damper is in the open position. This unit will not interfere with existing appliance safety controls, when properly installed.
- Operates with all 24 VAC, 60hz intermittent ignition and standing pilot ignition systems.
- Stainless steel construction provides superior corrosion resistance.
- Damper operation: power opens in 15 seconds, power closes in 15 seconds. Power is off at damper motor when it is at rest.
- Hold open switch allows damper to be placed in an open position and taken out of service to assist with trouble shooting appliance problems.
- Keyed wiring harness connector plug installs only one way, preventing incorrect wiring connection.
- Pipe Size: 7"
- Length: 7-1/16"
- Height: 11-7/8"
- Clearance: 1-7/16"
- Exposed Pipe: 5-13/16"
How the GVD Works
- The Field Vent Damper is installed in the vent pipe, after the draft hood, or barometric. During off cycles, it remains closed, preventing air flow through the vent. When there is a call for heat, the motor is energized, rotating the damper 90 degrees to an open position. Opening and closing takes approximately 15 seconds. When the damper is fully open, the burner is allowed to fire and flue gases pass freely through the vent. When the thermostat is satisfied, the burner stops, and the damper automatically closes. For service and trouble shooting, the damper can be locked in the open position.
- Minimum wiring requirements: 24 VAC - 18 gauge - 105 degrees C
- Power requirements: 3 watts at 24 VAC, 60 Hz, when opening or closing