Every Zoeller residential septic tank effluent filter includes a patented bypass protection sleeve to keep solids in the tank - where they belong. Your lateral field is an investment. Protect it with a Zoeller filter.
- Application: Single Family Homes.
- Filter Area: 132 Linear feet of 1/16" filtration.
- Flow Rate: 1,000 GPD.
- Operation: The Zoeller Septic System Filter fits inside any 4" sanitary tee and extends beneath the scum layer, above the sludge layer, and withdraws effluent from the clear-water zone of the tank.
- Installation: Slide the filter cartridge into the filter sleeve. Lock the cartridge and sleeve together by holding the sleeve stationary and rotating the cartridge clockwise. Slide the assembled cartridge and sleeve into the 4" sanitary tee at the tank’s outlet. Ensure the sleeve latch is pointing towards the outlet of the septic tank before filter placement into the tee. The drain field is now protected from solids greater than 1/16"
- Maintenance: The filter can be serviced on a periodic basis by the homeowner to maintain peak performance. Under normal circumstances, the filter only requires servicing when the septic tank is pumped. A Zoeller Riser & Lid will make septic tank and filter maintenance an easy task. Allows the homeowner to monitor the condition of the tank: During routine maintenance, the tank should be inspected to be sure unnecessary particulate is not getting into your tank (i.e. fruit peelings, cigarette filters, feminine hygiene materials, etc.). Check your local plumbing codes to determine how often your tank should be pumped. If sludge buildup becomes apparent on the bottom of your tank, then a more frequent pumping interval is suggested.